Tuesday, September 2, 2008

FUNDING

I am estimating the entire cost of the mission’s hike to be approximately $8500. This breaks down as follows:

A. Start up cost of $1500 - $2000.
1. This covers all equipment I will be starting with on this hike. Please see the Equipment section for a more detailed description of start up equipment.

B. Travel expenses of $500 for gas, food and lodging to the start of the trail in March 2009 from Maryland to Georgia and back to Maryland from the trail end location in Maine in October 2009.

C. $1000 per month to cover the cost of health insurance, cell phone fees, shelter/hostel/motel fees, food and water supplies, postage and clothing.
I will be keeping a written record of all money spent during the Appalachian Trail mission’s hike.

I will utilize both cash and a credit/debit card for the Appalachian Trail mission’s hike. I will send out approximately 100 support cards requesting monetary donations/support for the Appalachian Trail Mission’s Hike from my family and friends. During the mission’s hike I anticipate more financial support to come in as I build relationships on the trail and share my experiences with my friends and family via the website.


The Appalachian Trail Ministry is an exciting mission that God has laid on my heart. I am not the most likely candidate for this trip, but I have been praying, fasting and heeding God’s call in order to prepare for this trip. I covet your prayers for the mission and for me during this trip. I know God is going to work through me to minister to many people in the next few months and I am ready for His direction!

No comments: