Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SHELTER

A. There are shelters, (lean-tos) every 10 – 12 miles along the trail. It costs between $3.00 and $8.00 a night to stay in the shelters. These fees are for the hiking clubs that maintain the shelters. Most shelters have some type of outhouse near by and a reliable water source. I will have a tent with me in the case of a shelter being full.

B. There are some hostels, (a building with two rooms: one with bunk beds and another with running water - possibly shower facilities) close to or along the trail that cost an average of $25.00 a night.

C. Every six days, I will leave the trail and go into the nearest town for a day of rest. I will stay in a motel or a hostel for the night, so that I can do laundry, buy food and other supplies and attend to hygiene needs. I will spend as much of this day as possible in quiet solitude with God refreshing my body, mind and spirit.

No comments: